- By accessing or using the Service, you are consenting to the collection, storage, transfer, manipulation, disclosure, and other uses of your information as set forth in this Policy. You should read this Policy carefully. If you do not consent to the uses of your information as described in this Policy, you must not access or use our Service
- The data this document refers to includes information:
- you have provided it to us; We collect any information that you submit to us voluntarily through the Service or provide to us in any other way, for example on account creation, or when providing feedback to our application and/or service.
- we collect it from you; When you use the Service, we collect and store information about your mobile devices, and network as well as your activities on the Service. For example, we may collect information from your device that you use to access the Service, including the hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number). We also may collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information, including information about your activity (such as how you use our Service, how you interact with others using our Service, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Wristcam Device collected information - information such as model number, and status.
- information Collected by Third-Parties: The Service may include third-party advertising, links to other websites, and social media sites and other content from third-party businesses. These third-parties may use tracking technologies to track the actions of users within the Service, and across different web sites or platforms to deliver targeted electronic advertisements to an individual user.
- Information You Provide to Us about Other People: You may provide us with information about your friends and contacts when you use the Service. For example, when sharing a video message you might use Address book information which our service will use to communicate with the recipient.
- third parties we engage (such as a data analytics provider) collect it from you on our behalf. I.e., this happens in cases where we use or deploy third party analysis technology (such as bug tracking).
Wristcam DOES NOT COLLECT any Photo and/or Video from your device or phone, with the exception of Media you specifically chose to upload and/or share through our system.
- Wristcam uses third party hosting providers that (e.g. Amazon Cloud Services, or Google Cloud). This means that data you provide us or that we or third parties collect from you (including any Personal Information) is hosted with such third party service providers on servers that they own or control. Regardless of where such third party service providers themselves are based, their servers may be located anywhere in the world (including the US). Your data may be replicated across multiple servers located in multiple countries.
- How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve the Service
- to enable us to respond to you generally, or to process, validate and verify requests
- to perform any services requested by you
- to compile and/or distribute aggregate information about our Service and aggregate usage patterns
- to provide our own developers with useful information for developing new features and services that meet your needs
- to tailor your experience within the App and on our Site, and our communications with you, showing you content and sending you information we think might interest you or altering the content and our communications according to your personal preferences and interests
- send you updates, promotions, offerings, or other news of/about the Apps
- for any other purpose with your consent
- Important information about Location Data Collection (GPS)
- The location data collected is of great significance to your user experience with the wristcam service:
- It allows your media to be Geo-Tagged. That information is attached to your photos and videos and is not uploaded or shared with any service provider unless you specifically chose to upload/share the media.
- Wifi-Auto connection. Due to recent improvements in the apple iOS permissions system, a data collection permission is required for an app to be able to identify the wifi it is connected to. When granted, the automatic syncing of media will work seamlessly.
- Timezone/location specific services enablement.
- What information do we share with Third Parties?
- Affiliates and Service Providers. We may share or disclose information with our current and future affiliates and business partners, so that we can, for example, provide you with information about other products and services that might interest you. We also may share your information with service providers, vendors or agents working on our behalf. For example, companies we've hired to provide analytics, or assist in protecting and securing our systems and Service may need access to your information in order to provide those functions. These providers work on our behalf and agree not to use or disclose information we provide for purposes other than to perform those services and functions on our behalf.
- Aggregate Information. We may share aggregated and anonymous information based on information collected from the Service with the public, our partners, and with our users and customers. For example, we may publish information about general trends related to the use of our Service or share that information with a partner to help them provide or improve their products and services. This information does not identify you and we require our partners to keep all such information in its anonymous form.
- Publicly Available Information. Your public profile and any content that you make publicly available on or via the Services will be publicly available to other users of the Services. If you actively or passively allow your contact information to be public (such as by not opting out of being searchable, by publishing your ID on Twitter, or by joining the Discover People feature in the – Live Video Messenger App), you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Services. We therefore encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be publicly accessible. You also assume responsibility for Personal Information of third parties that you publish or share through the Services.
- Anonymous Information. We may use and share Anonymous Information for any purpose whatsoever and with any third parties (such as advertisers and marketing partners), including in exchange for compensation.
- Access and Accuracy; We would like to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available in the applicable App.
- Opt-Out. Currently, the Apps do not offer tools that allow you to opt-out of the collection of Personal Information as it is required to operate the service. You may disable data collection on your device, and avoid providing such information. See relevant section for request of deleting information.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information as quickly as possible. . If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with any personal information, you may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will endeavor to promptly delete such information from our files and records.
- Security. We use administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we try to use reasonably acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Apps, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. In the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership, or comparable event, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (for the Wristcam Companion App). Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Using the Service from Outside the United States and Canada. The Service is directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you choose to use the Service or provide your information to us, your information may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located in the United States, or any other country in which we, or our affiliates, service providers, or other third parties maintain facilities. By accessing or using our Service, or by providing personal data through the Service, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States subject to United States law. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained in the United States, you should not use the Service.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about that individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect Personal Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Apps.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of an App, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or information and you specify which content or information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content or information. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of the content or information.
Last updated: October 8, 2020
Examples Of Third Parties We Engage